Tag Archives: forensic email analysis tool
Digital Forensic is one major arena Company deals with apart from data recovery and management. Outlook email forensics tool is an absolute solution that helps examining digital evidences from PST and MSG email files. This article contains information on Outlook email forensics tool along with detailed analysis on how it helps studying electronic messages from the PST and MSG files to detect and reveal the hidden evidences.
Detailed Outlook Email Analysis
The tool supports PST and MSG file formats and hence helps studying evidences from Outlook emails. The PST serves as data repository in MS Outlook whereas MSG files saves single email messages. While examining emails, the Outlook Forensics tool offers various ways of investigating evidences and not even a single bit of information is avoided.
- Complete Email Preview: The tool helps in previewing all the incorporated information including email header, body and attachments from the selected messages.
- Read Emails in Different Views: Distinct options to access an email message such as properties view, MIME view, hex view and many more allows studying data from the core.
- Searching Keyword from PST: If the selected PST comprises of multiple email files and it is required to search for a particular document, specific keywords can be entered in the advance search text-box and all the files containing that keywords will be displayed within tool panel.
- Refine Search Criteria: If search result does not deliver exact output, then provided criterion can be refined and filtered by providing more defined information as per requirement.
Extract Deleted Data From OST/PST/MSG Files:
If the data is deleted from the PST or MSG files, the Outlook OST email recovery tool can extract the erased data and can restore it back into its original format. In addition, if the files are encountered with corruption, the integrated scan algorithms help recovering and listing incorporated items.
Dashboard Presentation & Log Details:
Dashboard Presentation: After scanning PST files and uploading it to the tools panel, a graphical representation of the incorporated items will be generated by the tool that displays:
- Number of email messages existing in the selected file.
- Number of files selected for scanning.
- Size of the selected file in Gigabytes.
- File counts with and without attachments.
- Summary of Attachments categories.
- Time Line Summary of email messages.
Log Details: The log report for all the past and currently ongoing activities is generated and displayed within the panel of the tool. This helps in tracking record of all the processes being operated on the email messages.
This way; the Outlook Forensics tool helps studying email messages from the core and enables revealing hidden evidences encrypted into the PST and MSG files. Supplementary features such as batch processing of emails and availability of hotkeys helps performing operations quickly while delivering accurate output.
Related Software : Exchange EDB Recovery